March 13, 2011

Ocelot - Beating Hearts (Louis La Roche Remix)


I was going to post this song back on Friday so that you all could get drunk to it this weekend but as it turns out, I'm selfish and decided that if I couldn't jam to it this weekend, neither could anybody else. Electro/Techno/House is not a style of music I pretend to know a tonne(/ton?) about, I've got a few artists that I follow casually but other than that I pretty much wait for good songs to fall in my lap. Shoutout to my techno resource - Philly-G for this one. I know about as much about Ocelot as I do Louis La Roche (nothing) but what I do know is that this song bangs. I've put about 25 plays on it over the past two days as I attempt to rip through an everest-sized pile of work and I plan on continuing that trend today. also: how sweet is that single artwork?

Ocelot - Beating Hearts (Louis La Roche Remix)

p.s. since nobody reads this far into the posts I can write whatever I want so: I love when you know the sample behind a hip hop beat and I've been fiending that Mac Miller mixtape so I wanted to point out a couple samples I've noticed. First: the sample in Donald Trump is from Sufjan Stevens' Vesuvius. second: All Around the World is Heartbreaker by Mstrkrft (that one's easy I know). I'll Be There sounds kind of like Gladys Knight & The Pips - Love Finds Its Own Way which is the sample from Atmosphere's Yesterday but I don't think that's it. Anybody know any other ones? The Get Up! sample is so familiar but I can't place it. post some shit in the shoutbox people...

No comments:

Post a Comment