February 13, 2011

Childish Gambino- "Freaks and Geeks"


Sometimes when I write blogs I look at the artists as musical investments. This process is the way I have come to view up-and-coming rapper Childish Gambino. As a star on shows like "30 Rock" and his new one "Community" he goes by the name Donald Glover, but as the lyrics flow out, he transforms himself into Childish Gambino. Gambino has until recently fallen under the radar, maybe because of his comical yet sophisticated flow or maybe because he's a co-star of Tina Fey, who knows? But as I invest my time writing this blog, I'm confident that Childish is writing up something sick as he smashes out that beat pad. Glover is known throughout Hollywood for his writing skills and conveys these talents as he rips his new tune "Freaks and Geeks".  The acappella sample mixed with the simple drum beat allows Childish to spit hard from start to finish. The main thing I like about Gambino is that he doesn't really care what people think about his lyrical content, especially as he reps Tina Fey who realistically has no connection with hip-hop music. The mans obviously got skill so keep yours ears open... enjoy

Freaks and Geeks- Childish Gambino

3 comments: