February 20, 2011

Introducing: Sucka Free CJ "Ars Gratia Artis: Unfinished Business"


First heard the Cali kid Sucka Free CJ when he laid down the chorus and a nice verse on Olu's track "Jet Pack Shit". Since then I have stayed steadily interested in the easy going rapper. See, all these rappers from warm climates like Cali almost always seem to be content with their current situation. As I have been listening to CJ's mix-tape "Ars Gratia Artis: Unfinished Business"for the past couple of day's, I have been given the false hope that summer is around the corner and I'm not even rattled.... until I look out the window. The Amazing New Radicals sample on "Smooth Stunt"features a piano beat that makes me wanna call up all the homies and have a bar-b-q in the back yard, despite the fact its -10 outside. The coolest production point for me was the use of Telepopmusik's hit "breathe" that is slowed to fit CJ's flow perfectly. The mix-tape as a whole is very well put together and does nothing but entertain from start to finish... Well done Sucka Free CJ.

Sucka Free CJ- Smooth Stunt

Sucka Free CJ-The Playback

No comments:

Post a Comment