February 8, 2011

Pez & 360 x Whitest Boy Alive


I've been off of the Aussie Hip Hop for a while now for no real reason, I just haven't been keeping up with it. However, my brother sent me a text the other day telling me to check out a new track by 360 featuring Pez that uses one of my favourite Whitest Boy Alive songs 1517 as a sample and they do it to perfection. If there's one thing I've noticed about Hip Hop from the land down under, its that their production is always on point. Artists like Horroshow, Spit Syndicate and Hilltop Hoods always give you a beat that grabs your attention and holds it for the entire song. In this case, they take 1517 and don't really mess with it too much. This post actually reminds me of a post I did back in the summer about k-os rapping over a phantogram song. Artists like Whitest Boy Alive and Phantogram make music that is essentially hip hop without the lyrics sometimes and they're just begging to be sampled.

360 ft. Pez - Just Got Started

2 comments:

  1. I would have said it was sampled from 1517, not Island?

    ReplyDelete