December 7, 2010

G-Eazy - Yes. I make all my own beats and record all my shit in my dorm


G-Eazy's take on Marathon by Tennis was going to be on my 'songs of 2010 that I should have blogged' list that is currently in the works but instead of doing that i decided to look into the guy a little bit and I can't explain how happy I am with that decision. G-Eazy is a member of the growing 'college rap/indie sampling hip hop' genre that includes chiddy bang, hoodie allen, etc and like the artists i just mentioned, Eazy's sample selection is on point. So far he has put his spin on Matt & Kim's Good For Great off their recent release, and Marathon by Tennis, both of which are great songs. I love this genre of hip hop because it introduces me to new bands and artists, plus G-Eazy's got a nice sounding flow and produces the majority of his beats. Check out the three songs below and head to his website to download his latest mixtape, 'Big.' Random fact: G-Eazy's been opening up for Drake on tour... just saying. He had to peace on it for exams though haha.. good luck with those bro

G-Eazy - Waspy ft. Tennis

G-Eazy - Good For Great ft. Matt & Kim

G-Eazy - My Life is a Party

No comments:

Post a Comment