January 29, 2012

Album Review: Sol - "Yours Truly"

Hot damn Seattle just can't stop producing true hip-hop stars. Sol has been one of my favourite Seattle artists for some time now and he has just proved himself even more with his newest album Yours Truly. The man speaks some realness and chooses some true hip-hop head production every time. With the success of the previously leaked tracks "Stage Dive" and "2020" there was so much anticipation for this album and it did not disappoint. The man is one of the most versatile rappers in the game now-a-days as he can rock some solid stoner rap tracks but can also get real epic and emotional. I've been listening to Yours Truly on repeat for days and am having a hell of time choosing my favourites from the project. I haven't seen triple digits in my bank account in soo damn long and this was one album I actually purchased. The guitar riff on "Need Your Love" is absolutely intoxicating and is complimented perfectly by vocals from Ray Dalton. Over all the album is one of the best true hip-hop projects I've heard in a while and I would suggest saving up your pennies and purchasing "Yours Truly". You can grab a physical copy from http://solsays.com/  or the digi copy from Itunes.

Sol-Need Your Love featuring Ray Dalton

No comments:

Post a Comment