November 11, 2011

DubStep - Dillon Francis and Zeds Dead




Dubstep came crashing into my musical radar a couple years ago but it always left a sour taste in my mouth. I tried to give it a chance but it consistently left me looking for some sort of purpose, emotion or substance beyond smashing as many synths as possible at once. As much as I fought it, dubstep seems to be impossible to escape these days and I found it growing on me. True heavy hitting shit didn’t sit well with me until I found I.D.G.A.F.O.S. by Dillon Francis and White Satin By Zeds Dead which both acted as a stepping-stone into the genre. Dillon Francis sandwiches some fun dubstep with the most irresistible synth loop and White Satin is a prime example of what can really be done with the genre when put in the right hands.

Oh and I have to throw in this John Dahlback remix of Sneaky Sound System's "Big" (not dubstep but a Jam regardless)
Turn your headphones up!

Zeds Dead - White Satin

I.D.G.A.F.O.S. - Dillon Francis


Sneaky Sound System - Big (John Dahlback Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment