June 8, 2011

Asher Roth Featuring Akon- Last Man Standing


Trying to run a blog while living in a house without internet is way harder than anticipated. But now that we're back in action and back on the interwebs you can expect to see more frequent posting from your favorite crew of musical misfits. I wanted to blog this new Asher track since the first time I heard it. I passed up blogging his Rawth EP and it rattled me for weeks. With Asher finally getting the underground credit I felt he has always deserved, It was only a matter of time until he came at us with some main stream bangers. I heard a lot of people not liking this song due to the fact that mainstream hit maker Akon sings the hook. I look at it like this, If Akon was some random bro who just started singing hooks everyone would be on his D, but since he has had so much success them hipster folk (whatever that means) tend to label him has a sellout. I assume there has to be a reason for the man's popularity, could it be that he's a good singer with a catchy voice? most likely. At the end of the day, the songs an absolute jam and has been tearing up my headphones for weeks and if the song ever reaches radio play please don't hate on my home boy Asher... cause for the love of God I would listen to this song on repeat for 8 hours over listening to J Lo once... enjoy

Asher Roth Featuring Akon- Last Man Standing

No comments:

Post a Comment