July 9, 2013

Mayer Hawthorne feat. Kendrick Lamar - Crime


I mean, I'm not the biggest Mayer Hawthorne fan in the world but good music is good music. This track flows as smooth as a Johnnie Walker Black on a summer, Toronto night. Not to mention it features the biggest success story of 2012, K.Dot.

This cut is welcome territory for Kendrick Lamar who has recently gone on an indie tip and jumped on tracks from Dido, Quadron and Awolnation. While I was surprised and pleased to hear the gruff in the good kid's voice as opposed to the 'I'm from Mars and my first discovery on Earth was AutoTune' sound that has plagued his recent features, I'm afraid he's becoming oversaturated. No complaints over here musically but take a break, young buck! You have an in demand product and critical acclaim...don't 'Lil Wayne' yourself and give it all away now. You can say no to some features! Cool out. Eat some cereal. Watch some cartoons. We can't wait to hear what you do next with your sophomore set.

No comments:

Post a Comment