March 5, 2012

The Ting Tings - Sounds from Nowheresville




I recently got the unfortunate news that my dream girl, Ellie Goulding, has fallen pray to Skrillex's suave personality and haircut. Although this means she may be forever ruined, it's going to do me no good lingering and I've found myself a new lady to chase. Katie White runs the main vocals in the duo The Ting Tings, who are a prominent English indie pop act working under Columbia Records UK. Katie caught my ear again lately, after her and Jules De Martino released their second studio album, Sounds from Nowheresville, in February this year. They were originally supposed to drop this album back in 2010 to follow their debut, We Started Nothing, but decided that it sounded too much like everything else on the radio and scrapped half the songs. Katie stated "We were in Berlin where there is a great electro scene, and so we made songs like that, but quickly realized that everything on the radio was Euro-pop shite. We didn't want our record to be tarnished with that brush". I like that attitude.

The Ting Tings - One By One

The Ting Tings - Soul Killing


No comments:

Post a Comment