February 28, 2012

Sleigh Bells - Reign of Terror



The first time I sent my ears on the journey through Sleigh Bells sophomore album "Reign of Terror" I found myself a combination of offended and intrigued. The new age girl pop group that gave us the addicting Rill Rill came back with a bang and after a couple listens, I can't get enough of the album. Guitarist, Producer Derek Miller brings heavy 70's and 80's style rock guitar complimented by simple but hard hitting drums that give the instrumentals a heavy and throwback feel. The often distorted rock guitar seems to blend with Alexis Krauss' soothing voice to create some amazing sounds. I'm not about to say that Sleigh Bells reinvented anything here but they definitely brought a new feel to whatever genre they actually belong to. Check out early highlights bellow and get your hands on "Reign of Terror" if you're into it.

Sleigh Bells - Crush



Sleigh Bells - Comeback Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment