November 3, 2010

Mansions on the Moon - Paradise Falls Mixtape


Sometimes it takes me ages to get around to posting good music that's been on heavy rotation on my Itunes, other times I hear something and get so jacked up about it that I have to post it immediately while I sit in front of my computer, intensely nodding my head to the beat. This is an example of the latter. I just stumbled onto Mansions on the Moon today thanks to the reader comments section of another blog and although I don't know a tonne about them, I know that they are a 3 piece band out of Virginia Beach consisting of Lane Shaw and Ben Hazlegrove, along with singer/songwriter, Ted Wendler. This release, titled Paradise Falls is a remix album featuring a bunch of cool artists including Junior Boys, Deadmau5, Washed Out and our boy Xaphoon Jones of Chiddy Bang.

I'm not sure how to describe their sound, the best thing I can think of right now is this: 60% Miike Snow, 20% m83, I haven't figured out the last 20% yet but trust me, its awesome. Download the whole mixtape here.

Mansions on the Moon - Satellite x Deadmau5


Mansions on the Moon - Broken Paradise x Washed Out


Mansions on the Moon - Glimpse Into the Future (Xaphoon Jones Remix)

No comments:

Post a Comment