November 18, 2010

LCD Soundsystem


For our 137th post in 2010, I thought I would introduce you to one of my favorite artists to listen to when I'm stressed out and I just need to moss. LCD Soundsystem is a producer named James Murphy that creates music with an interesting combination of electro, dance and punk influence. Maybe it's the repetitive rhythms that he uses throughout his songs, but when I'm listening to it I feel like I'm staring out the window of a car, entranced by every note that passes by. Murphy was a successful NYC DJ until 2002 when he decided to start producing and playing his own music instead. Murphy then used his connections to start up Death From Above records who has worked with artists such as Hot Chip, N.E.R.D, Soulwax, and MIA (you might remember the popular paper planes DFA remix.) Currently LCD Soundsystem is on tour with Hot Chip and Sleigh Bells following up his album this is happening, which was released earlier this year. Here's a song from that album, as well as a couple good ones off his older eps.

LCD Soundsystem - Home


LCD Soundsystem - All My Friends


LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great

No comments:

Post a Comment