September 20, 2010

The Pass - Burst


I'm always on the hunt for my next non hip hop band to entertain my ears because as much as I love hip hop, it can never be the only genre that I listen to. In the past year bands/artists like Miike Snow, James Yuill, Broken Bells, The XX, etc have dominated that part of my music consumption. It always seems to be a lot easier to find good new hip hop than other genres, maybe because rappers are releasing new material so frequently but I think I've found a gem here thanks to pigeons and planes, my favourite music blog. The Pass are an electro-pop band out of Louisville, Kentucky who's debut album "Burst" comes out tomorrow. The term electro-pop always sounds kinda lame to me but I listen to a bunch of artists that fall into that category so I might as well get used to it. The Pass have provided a full album stream of Burst, which comes out tomorrow and it sounds awesome. Check out the songs below and grab the album if you're feeling them.

The Pass - Vinyl


The Pass - Vultures

No comments:

Post a Comment