February 8, 2010

The Knux new mixtape



After I got turned onto the hiphop duo, The Knux, by my fellow blogger Stevied I couldn’t resist their new mixtape that has just come out. The aptly named F*ck You Ep just was released, surprisingly featuring a cover of the very unique song “Hide and Seek” by Imogen Heap (featured on the OC). I bet nobody thought this track could turn into some legitimate hip hop except for The Knux, the original song is posted below too for comparisons sake. This EP also has “pop the cork,” a track heavily influenced by electronica music… a good thing in hip hop these days. Finally the last track I’m going to post off this 6 song ep is “Fruits.” A track containing level rap over a beat that sounds something similar to old school outkast,

Niceeeee.

Fruits (Ft Malbec) – The Knux

Pop the Cork – The Knux


Whatchu Say – The Knux

Hide and Seek – Imogen Heap (Song Whatchu Say is derived from)

No comments:

Post a Comment